Monday 29 October 2012

Bagged or Loose?

     Today I will be giving my opinion on the age old battle when it comes to tea. Loose leaf or Tea bags. I am a loose leaf person, but I'm not exactly a snob when it comes to bagged tea. Teavana (Teaopia) is solely a loose leaf store with drums filled with perfectly dried leaves, flowers and fruits. I find that way makes the flavours more distinct and clear instead of them being all smushed together. Also loose tea is better for you, being made of all natural ingredients, unlike bagged tea which is grounded up into fine and processed specs.
     Though my preference is loose tea there are some aspects that can be frustrating. For one it is generally more expensive than a two dollar box of bagged tea. Then there is the issue of steeping. Obviously steeping a tea with a bag is extremely easy an quick, only needing a few dunks to get an acceptable amount of flavor. With loose leaf however you need certain tools and a few minutes to make a perfect cup of tea. This could be the reason why 96% percent of all cups of tea are steeped using teabags. Teavana sells a variety of ways to steep their leaves, some are make-shift tea bags or 'steep-as-you-go' travel mugs. I personally don't find it that much of a hassle but I can understand that side of argument. I guess it's a matter of opinion, what's more important, quality or convenience?

A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water- Eleanor Roosevelt

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment